I Ate The Rainbow!™
I Ate The Rainbow!™ is an exciting 6-week program that will spark your child’s imagination with hands-on fun and educational activities. Your child will journey through the rainbow, learning about how colorful fruit and vegetables serve our bodies with an army of vitamins and minerals to keep us strong and healthy. Your child will participate in fun activities that encourage confidence and well-being while learning the benefits of eating colorful foods and how they help us build strong muscles, fight germs and make us feel happy.
I Ate The Rainbow!™ is a mind, body, spirit program designed to celebrate our significance, encourage positivity, and remind children of how God created our amazing bodies and the nutritious foods that fuel us. Learning that we feel better when we eat the food God created for us at this young age, will only help to develop healthy habits for your child’s future.
Each week, we will discuss a color of the rainbow, participate in a special activity designed to develop health and well-being, and make a nutritious snack craft that your children will create and enjoy!
During this 6 week program your child will:
- Learn about each color of the rainbow and colorful fruits and vegetables!
- Participate in activities that reinforce what they are learning in the classroom!
- Learn tools and techniques to encourage a healthy confidence that will create a future of healthy choices!
- Understand the benefits of eating colorful foods that keep the body strong and healthy!
- Learn how certain super foods have super powers to help build strong muscles, fight germs and make us happy!
- Create and eat a healthy snack!
When we eat the food nature intends for us, we will develop healthy habits for our future, serving our bodies with vitamins and minerals that will keep us strong and healthy- mind, body, spirit.
Alissa Mertel, CHHC, AADP is a former teacher at Simpsonville United Methodist Preschool, a Certified Holistic Health Coach, a Registered Yoga Instructor (RYT-200), a graduate of The Institute for Integrative Nutrition, and Certified by the AADP (American Association of Drugless Practitioners). Alissa works with children and families to encourage whole foods nutrition and a natural lifestyle for a Healthy Whole Life™ in ways that are simple, fun and designed to meet her clients’ specific needs.